24 April 2009

Hip-Hop Performance

I'm so sorry for not updating so long, I had been very busy! Busy with homework, projects, presentation and exams. And talking about exam, I dunno if I had been curse or something, but every single time there is exam since Form 1, I will get flu. It will be on exam time or after the exam or beginning of the exam, ill catch the flu. It is really annoying; this recent exam i also caught it and also got sick(fever & flu) after the exam and can't go to school. 

Okay this post and the following upcoming posts I'll talk about few stuff that happen last month and earlier this month. So, last month my team & I was invited to perform in a family talk that was held by DAP & UPF on 27th March. We need to practice our dance steps since most of us has forgotten it, two days before we practiced at Auntie Ester's house, the girls teams also are invited to perform.

Shamir taking a break.
Shamir & Zack taking a rest.

Zack showing off his new wallet.

Girls team practicing Korean dance.

Girls team practicing Thailand dance.

Shojin staring into blankness.


I cannot take pictures of our team dancing, because we're dancing. We can ask other people, but that's.... Maybe next time. I'll try to get our picture next time. The performance day is Friday, we practiced on Wednesday & Thursday, and it is school day some more. After school all of us went to Auntie Ester's house and practiced, we were exhausted after practicing, but that pay off.

On Friday, we all gather in Auntie Ester's house, ate dinner and was already heading our way to our destination, Serdang. When we reached there, we went to the changing room. There we put our stuff down and practice our dance again. We were suppose to perform at a later time, but suddenly the organiser came to us and tell us we were going to perform straight away for the opening. When he say that, I was shocked a bit, but i said to myself never mind, i need to overcome any challenges that come. We then change into our Hip-Hop clothes, come around and form a circle and we pray. After that we went up to the stage and perform. 

A biker on the highway.

Getting ready to perform...

The Hall where the talk is held.

The speaker is James Poon.

Shamir again...

Shamir, Zack, Chong Ren, Shojin & Shi Kai

This is my team that perform that day. 
Plus Kiddo who is taking the picture.


Our performances was okay, nothing wrong, just tiny bits of mistake. After we perform, we just seat among the audience and listen to the talk. Before the program finish, they call us out to give us certificates of appreciation, the girls team was still changing and me as the leader of the boy's team had to go out and take the certificates. I shook hands with YB Teo Nie Ching, member of parlimen for serdang, and took the certificates. After that they served red bean soup and we can already leave. It was a great experience, I hope I can perform more and also can get better in dancing. And that's the end. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...